TIPS TO JUMP START YOUR IDENTITY PREVENTION AWARENESS IN 2018
TIPS TO JUMP-START YOUR IDENTITY PREVENTION AWARENESS IN 2018
Millions of people every day are victims to identity theft in many ways-This has been the fastest growing crime to date. When someone steals your identity to obtain credit cards or your money, it often goes undetected for months or even years. Especially if you do not have trusted help to monitor your financial statements etc.
- Do not give personal information over the phone, by mail or on the internet unless this is your contact. ( This is especially for seniors)
- Shred any pre-approved credit applications received in your name by mail, these are partially completed forms, Bank statements, any records or reports from any Financial Institutions having your name and account numbers.
- Never use your mother’s maiden name, birth date, or the last four (4) digits of your social security number as a password.
- Photocopy all your credit cards and debit cards on both sides along with all the government documents you carry daily in your wallet or pocketbook.
- Do not carry your social security card, birth certificate or passport unless necessary.
- Order your FREE credit report at least once per/year and check carefully for any activities not created by you.
- Only obtain your credit reports from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting agencies through AnnualCreditReport.com or by calling 877-322-8228
For your protection you will also need to verify your identity with an acceptable form of identification.