Grant Writing and Non-Traditional Fundraising, Basic Programs
Program titles are listed below for Mr Charles Burke's group seminars at your location. See Mr Charles Burke Biography page to view a list of qualified organizations, foundations or anyone that would benefit needing funding assistance. Contact us to schedule a group seminar today with Mr Charles Burke also known as Charlie Burke. (All basic Grant Writing and Fundraising programs are 2+ hours).
We have special group offers for a speaking engagement 9am-12 noon any day with the exception of Tuesdays.
Also if you are interested in learning how to create videos, scroll down to see the descriptions for this program.
Research shows that over $50 billion is awarded every year through Foundations and Corporate Grants.
according to AARP magazine February/March 2017 issue, in 2014 there were 86,000 Private Grant-Giving Foundations.
Glommering (Non-traditional Funding) #1.6 (2+hrs)
Title: Glommering: The art of obtaining, money, supplies, equipment and or services for free.
Objective: To provide nonprofit organizations, classroom teachers, PTA/PTO and individuals with strategies for obtaining equipment, supplies, tools, and even money by going beyond the regular budgetary process. This program is based upon decades of success during which thousands of dollars per year were obtained by Mr Charles Burke.
- How to prepare a written or oral request to maximize your chances of success.
- How to locate and identify businesses that can be approached for support.
- How to generate support for your efforts from the administration, if you are working for an organization or school.
- How to properly recognize donors for their support.
- The importance of accountability and record keeping.
- Creating a network of Glommers within your organization, school, district, community or even the region.
- The importance of the intangible rewards that Glommering provides to you, your organization and your members/students.
- Why a Glommering project can open the door to grant funding.
Grant Writing (Basic) #2.4 (2+hrs)
Title: Fundamentals of Grant Writing.
Note: No previous experience is required
Objective: Provide the participants with an overview of the grant funding process and information on where to find funding.
- How to get started.
- Where to find resources.
- How to execute an event.
- What is a grant?
- Grants sizes starting with one (1) page!
- Obstacles to success and how to deal with them.
- Why people and foundations give money away.
- Two very different approaches to developing a grant.
- What are the components of a generic funding request?
- How to connect it all together.
- Where to find people, organizations and foundations that may give you financial support.
- How to obtain a grant from a business or agency that does not have a grant program.
- Mr. Charles Burke's personal secret to his grant writing success.
- Generating grant ideas, how to meld your needs with that of the funder.
- What to do if you are awarded a grant.
Creating Videos #1.3 (2+hrs) by Mr. Charles Burke
Title: Learning how to create your own videos for social media and promotional projects.
Objective: Without any previous training, learn how to design, shoot and use videos for a multitude of applications. You can create your own videos for promotional use, social media, cable access TV, insurance purposes, training, recording events, etc. and also greatly enhance your chance of having a grant approved.
No experience or previous training is required, but if you have ever taken even a snapshot with a camera, you already have one of the core skills needed.
- The almost limitless applications of video and how you can explore them all.
- The steps that go into creating a video.
- How to create scripts, story boards and the core production planning tools
- What equipment is needed and what is not needed.
- Legal matters involved with taping and posting materials.
- Hands-on activities where you will make a working video production.
- Cable access TV, FREE TV to air your work.
- How a TV show can also be used as a radio show.